On October 1, Polished Pebbles will be holding a volunteer orientation for all those interested in helping our girls S.H.I.N.E.! We are thankful for all of our past, current, and soon-to-be volunteers. We know that as a non-profit organization, we need volunteers to help us grow and stay strong in the community. That is why we want you to know that volunteering can have positive benefits for you!
According to Harvard, it is good for your health:
- Increase and strengthen social connections
- Develop stronger sense of community
- Increase happiness, lower chances of depression and loneliness
- Possibly lowers blood pressure
- Develop new hobbies and interests
A recent article even pointed to volunteering as a way to strengthen your resume:
- Shows a connection to community
- Develop beginner leadership and delegation skills
- Practice working as a team to achieve common goals
- Gain experience as a representative on a board
- Develop connections to strengthen references
Be sure to check our blog in October to learn more about volunteering. And if you are interested in volunteering with Polished Pebbles, come to our orientation!